11.26.2011

do over

i guess i don't hate christmas in and of itself.  i should restate.  i hate christmas shopping, christmas lists, christmas presents, christmas in stores before halloween, christmas traditions that have no purpose, christmas candy, christmas stress...

thanksgiving came and went in the blink of an eye as it always seems to do.  but this year i didn't bake a bird.  i didn't spend hours running around the kitchen trying to make sure there was something to eat when people arrived.  it was pretty sad.  it was mucho fun to see so much family that we hadn't seen in such a long time.  but i sure missed having the party at my house.  it has become our tradition.

last night we met up with friends to tour the holiday lights at temple square.  and man was it COLD!!  (not according to everyone, just me, of course)  i can't remember the last time i braved the cold for something.  there's something different about christmas this year for me.  as i walked through temple square looking at all the different nativities, hearing the music, seeing the lights...i wasn't dreading dec 25 as i usually do.  it was definitely a comforting feeling.


3 comments:

Shari said...

Well I knew exactly what you meant. I hate it for all the same reasons you do. I'm looking forward to our trip to temple square and hopefully it will fill me with more of the true meaning of the day.

I was just thinking myself that Thanksgiving, my most favorite holiday, really went too fast!!!:(

Catharine said...

So, did you move to Utah? I don't remember seeing a post about where you were moving to. Since you were at Temple Square, I'm gonna take a wild guess that you've moved to SLC, or somewhere near it.

girlfriday said...

Nope cat, didn't move to slc. Just there for thanksgiving. Email me and I can give u the lowdown.