3.08.2012

to create, or not to create...

i am now the proud owner of a domain name.  i'm not sure what that means yet.  i've had visions and sugarplum dreams of having my own fabulous, highly trafficked website for years now.  too bad i haven't put much effort into it.  i've collected color schemes, graphics, ideas, etc.  but i haven't put any of them to much use.  and now that i actually have some skeleton of something that i can add content to, i feel stuck.  i originally wanted to share all this info that sits in my brain.  all the hours i spend researching a topic until i've beat it to death...i wanted to find some way of helping someone else to avoid the same time consuming process.  but now i stare at the screen and wonder what i would even type that would be useful to someone?  the web has a plethora of sites that contain endless information.  what makes me think that i could actually put something out there that someone couldn't find somewhere else?

2 comments:

Shari said...

I would totally read it. Love it when people do my thinking for me.

stacie said...

I agree with the above statement. I found that post a while back about vacationing and trip websites quite useful. I use them every time I go on a trip now, and I wouldn't have known about them if it weren't for that post. I figure, if you've got knowledge to share, share it. It's up to the readers to take it or leave it.