10.18.2011

shedding

few days after i started looking like the thanksgiving turkey, of course i started losing layers of skin.  and i mean layers - plural.  peel, then still red underneath, then peel again.  yuck.  i can't remember the last time i had such an awful, long-lasting, itchy, painful sunburn.  we managed surfing and a hike.  but outside of that, our return trip to kauai was not that eventful or adventurous.  we did attempt snorkeling our last day, but we rented the gear and got to the beach and read the sign that said "no snorkeling due to strong currents".  lovely.  by the time we reached dallas, my face had already lost one layer, and here's what came off the top half of my back. YUCK.


2 comments:

Emily said...

I am glad I decided to open your blog out of my reader feed to comment on it. Great header.

But I was going to comment on your picture...

That is gross. But also cool that you got it off in such big pieces. And I'm also jealous that you were in Hawaii to receive such a sunburn that turned into such a skin peel.

Shari said...

Holy Crap!!!! I cannot believe that skin you shedded!!!! Oh man, I can just imagine the pain.

I agree with Emily though, better to get cooked in Hawaii than doing something lame like yardwork. :)

Feel better.