10.27.2010

wishes or weeds?

i wish...
  • for warm and sunny days
  • for children who are confident and at peace
  • to buy the machine from the jetsons that gets you ready for the day
  • someday to have several pads across the world to crash in whenever i want
  • for complete control over my emotions that consume me
  • i had a darkroom in my house
  • i could use a USB cable to copy data from one brain to another
  • to have more tolerance of others
  • Barnes and Noble sold "Teenagers for Dummies"
  • everyone in my family liked to eat exactly like me
  • all those on earth could live in the climate of their choice
  • magic happened when i wrinkled my nose or nodded my head
  • i had an off switch for my ears
  • for a week with just me, my camera, and i, in some far-off exotic place
  • money grew on trees
  • removing someone else's pain and/or trial wasn't a detriment to them
  • the curtains sitting on the table would hang themselves
  • the rain only came while i slept
  • i could be famous in a non-hollywood sort of way
  • to someday be able to shed my selfishness
  • i could spend a day (or a hundred) living as sydney bristow
  • for more acceptance of loneliness
  • to smell as many beaches as possible before i die
  • someday to meet my Creator
  • audrey hepburn's entire wardrobe was in my closet
  • to travel as much of the world as i can while i'm alive
  • all creepy, crawly, fuzzy, slimy, slithery things to get themselves out of my abode
  • always to be able to see a field of tulips when i close my eyes
i think i have an endless list of wishes.  but here's the question:  when you come across of field of dandelions, do you see 1000 weeds or 1000 wishes?

2 comments:

Emily said...

I wish my portfolio would create itself and every ad agency would fight over me working for them. Instead of wishing I decided to make a to-do list of every single thing I need to actually DO my portfolio. First item on my list? Open a new Adobe Illustrator file. But it's nice to get things crossed off - even if they weren't that much work for me to do.

Maybe you can make a list on how to write the Teenagers for Dummies book, then you can start writing it every time you smell a different beach, eventually selling it to Barnes and Noble and becoming famous for it (obviously wearing an Audrey Hepburn outfit at your NY signing).

Bam!

Arthroplaster said...

Love the Em!