2.27.2009

no two are the same

i just finished watching the josh groban awake live concert. (don't get too excited. it was just on my computer, not actually LIVE in concert.) i'm not sure what it is about certain music, but i've always been moved by his stuff. i love music that i can i turn up real loud, close my eyes, and get lost in. josh groban is one of those.

i don't post much that is hugely positive. i'm not into sharing the sappy side of myself. but i thought once a year or so wouldn't kill me.

i'm really grateful that all of us are unique. i'm grateful that God gave us all different talents. i love that we're all different. i love that there are people strong enough to stand against apartheid. i love that the world has those that can heal others or run all night on a basketball court. i love that even though i'd have a panic attack and puke if i had to be on stage in front of a gazillion people, there's someone like josh groban that loves it. and even though i couldn't sing to save my life, he was blessed with this fabulous voice that inspires people. i so love watching someone do something they enjoy and have a passion for. it's one of the reasons i (most of the time), like hearing about what the doc did during the day.

music for me has always been a very powerful thing. it has strong spiritual and emotional power over me - which can be good or bad. music helps fall asleep. music keeps me going when i have work to do. music helps me focus when my mind is wandering. insanely loud music helps me relax when my brain is on overload. and whether i'm in the mood for josh groban or audizen (check them out, our friend ete is the lead singer) or beastie boys or hilary weeks... i'm glad for all the choices. i'm glad everyone has their own style and their own talents.

i can't sing on stage or help end apartheid. i'm not tall enough to slam dunk. but i'm sure glad there are people that can do those things. i like the balance of it all. i know God blessed each of us with something special, something different from the person next to us. i'm grateful to those who are willing to share that something special they got from Him.

1 comment:

THE SNOW FAMILY said...

Josh's concert was hands down the best performance I've ever been to. His music moves me too. Loved this entry. Thanks for sharing.